Below are some ways to beat the boredom and have a little fun.
For the Family
- Play board games with your friends online with Tabletop Simulator
- Have a Netflix party with your friends and family online (*Chrome only)
- Try a “Chopped Challenge” using the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. Need some ideas?
- Catch a show at The Metropolitan Opera. A different performance is being streamed every night and available until 3:30 p.m. the next day
- Explore the Entire World with a 4K Walking Tour
- Pop some popcorn and watch some of the 50 best movies of all time
- Trying to stay active? Peleton is offering workout classes for the whole family
- These hotels and destinations around the world created mixtapes to make you feel like you’re actually there
For Your Kids
- Give yourself (or your kids) a doodle break
- Use up your empty toilet paper rolls to make some crafts.
For a Laugh
- Sick of singing Happy Birthday? Find a new hand-washing song with Wash Your Lyrics
- If you’re missing sports, cheer on these marble speedsters or these diecast cars
- For those missing sports commentary, check out #LifeCommentary.
- Joe Buck is giving play-by-plays of everyday life.
- Check out some parodies of some of your favorite songs to get you through social distancing.
- Need a break from the news? Check out John Krasinski’s YouTube channel where he’s sharing SomeGoodNews
- Take some time for yourself with some yoga or meditation
- Already have a library card? Check out your library’s digital collection of audiobooks and ebooks with Libby
- Start listening to a new podcast. Some suggestions from our team include:
- Need some music to help with your nerves? Here’s 6 hours of soothing music.
- Attend Yale’s most popular class about happiness
- Need some motivation while you’re running? Try running from your very own zombie adventure with the Zombie Run app
For Your Team
- Want to switch up your backgrounds for all of your Zoom calls? A lot of companies, movies, and shows are providing backgrounds you can use on your next call including:
- West Elm
- HGTV’s A Very Brady Renovation
- Happy Planner
- Star Trek
- Parks and Recreation
- Lionsgate Movies
- FOX animated shows
- Dr. Who
- The Office
- The Good Place
- Check out these games you can play during your next team meeting.