BUD TO BOSS: IN-PERSON
Solutions for New & Frontline Leaders
Leadership Skills for New Leaders
Learn the Key Skills You Need to Get Successful Leadership Results – Right from the Start
Congratulations! Getting promoted (especially to a leadership role) is exciting . . . and scary. Becoming a leader for the first time is one of the most challenging and critical career transitions you’ll ever face. And with this transition comes challenges and changes — some expected and some unexpected. For example, you need to:
- Establish your new authority without coming off as “bossy”.
- Inspire and motivate employees who are your former colleagues (and maybe even friends!)
- Give difficult and uncomfortable feedback.
- Understand and manage the new expectations that have been put on you in your new role. You now need to get your work done through others.
- Manage high-risk decisions.
- Navigate company politics and handle the inevitable grapevine that you once could choose to participate in or ignore but now must actually manage and even quiet.
We know – The reality is that leadership itself is complex, and when you add all of these additional concerns, it can be overwhelming.
Unfortunately, many new managers have been set up to fail because they were thrown into supervisory positions without any training, guidance or support. In fact, 40% of new managers fail within the first 18 months of being promoted.
You don’t want to be in that category!
It is absolutely essential to develop these skills right from the start when you need them most. Get started the right way and you’ll save time and energy by avoiding the rookie mistakes you’d make otherwise by the trial and error method. And, if you’ve been in the role for a while, you will learn strategies and techniques you can use to fix any mistakes you’ve already made or to improve on what you have learned already from your trial-and-error experience.
Get the skills you need to master your role right from the start.
Based on the best-selling book, From Bud to Boss, the Bud to Boss Workshop will provide you with core principles, techniques and approaches that you can apply to any situation that you’ll face as a new leader.
In just two days, you’ll learn the kinds of things it usually takes managers years to learn and we’ll answer every question you have (and even some you don’t have!), including:
- How do I get a better understanding of my new role/responsibility?
- How do I communicate with new peers that have way more experience than I do?
- How do I gain respect, trust and credibility in my new role?
- How can I resolve conflict between employees?
- What is the best way to communicate about difficult issues?
- How can I manage my time and juggle an ever-changing list of priorities?
- What do I do to help people deal with change, and how do I minimize their resistance to it?
- What’s the best way to delegate effectively?
Bud to Boss goes beyond the nuts and bolts of your job. You already know that stuff, or else you wouldn’t have gotten the promotion. The skills that got you promoted aren’t the ones that will help you to achieve success as a leader.
If you haven’t coached and lead people, dealt with heavy time management issues, built a team, administered company policy or had to deal with upper management directly before, then you need to learn these fundamentals to help you succeed.
During the workshop, we'll cover:
- Create a personal definition of leadership
- 13 keys to leadership success
- How to transition to your supervisory/leadership role, “from Bud to Boss”
- The 11 components of the supervisor role
- The control/empowerment balance
- The power of expectations
- How to effectively communicate with different people
- 7 ways to make your communication more powerful, persuasive and memorable
- 6 ways to listen better at work tomorrow – and every day
- 6 keys to winning presentations
- Use the Coaching ABC’s
- 3 sources of feedback
- 4 types of feedback
- 10 ways to give better feedback
- 6 ways to make performance reviews less painful and more effective
- 10 ways to be more supportive
- How to use a practical coaching model
- The 4 levers of change – what they are and how to use them
- The critical differences between managing, leading and championing change
- Why resistance doesn’t have to be a bad thing
- 3 ways to overcome resistance
- 5 ways to accelerate organizational change
- How to use the 4 stages of team development
- How to manage conflict on your team
- 3 ways to increase team energy and effectiveness
- 7 keys to better meetings
- The role of a team leader
- 5 keys to a successful goal-setting mindset – and why it is important
- 10 steps to setting achievable goals
- How to engage others in team goal setting
- 5 ways to improve goal achievement success
- We don’t want you to leave with any other nagging questions unanswered — so here is your chance!
- You will leave with not just ideas but also a real plan to implement back at work!
Registration investment & Group Discounts
Group Discounts: Enroll 3 or more and save $100/registration. Call 317-759-3171 for details.
Your Registration Includes:
- A free copy of From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership - the new leader's indispensable guide for how to achieve immediate and ongoing success in leadership.
- Access to all sessions, including course visuals and materials
And here's our guarantee. We believe our work isn't done until you are completely satisfied with the results you have received from our training. When you choose to learn with us, if, for any reason you aren't 100% delighted with the workshop, we will refund your entire registration fee. No questions asked. Guaranteed.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Meet The Trainers
Click on any of the trainers below to learn more and see their full credentials.