Learn the Key Skills You Need to Get Successful Leadership Results – Without Ever Leaving Your Desk
Congratulations! Getting promoted (especially to a leadership role) is exciting . . . and scary. Becoming a leader for the first time is one of the most challenging and critical career transitions you’ll ever face. And with this transition comes challenges and changes — some expected and some unexpected. For example, you need to:
- Establish your new authority without coming off as “bossy”.
- Inspire and motivate employees who are your former colleagues (and maybe even friends!)
- Give difficult and uncomfortable feedback.
- Understand and manage the new expectations that have been put on you in your new role. You now need to get your work done through others.
- Manage high-risk decisions.
- Navigate company politics and handle the inevitable grapevine that you once could choose to participate in or ignore but now must actually manage and even quiet.
We know – The reality is that leadership itself is complex, and when you add all of these additional concerns, it can be overwhelming.
Unfortunately, many new managers have been set up to fail because they were thrown into supervisory positions without any training, guidance or support. In fact, 40% of new managers fail within the first 18 months of being promoted.
You don’t want to be in that category!
It is absolutely essential to develop these skills right from the start when you need them most. Get started the right way and you’ll save time and energy by avoiding the rookie mistakes you’d make otherwise by the trial and error method. And, if you’ve been in the role for a while, you will learn strategies and techniques you can use to fix any mistakes you’ve already made or to improve on what you have learned already from your trial-and-error experience.
Get the skills you need to master your role right from the start – and without ever leaving your office (or house)!
Because we understand that travel is not always an option for some organizations, we deliver the Bud to Boss classroom workshop remotely so that you can learn the valuable skills you need to succeed without ever leaving your desk. Broken down into six 2-hour sessions – two per week for three weeks – Bud to Boss-Virtual is delivered live and on Zoom and every session is an interactive training opportunity. We specifically limit class size to allow for maximum interaction and learning and record every session, giving you continued access after the live session date.
Bud to Boss-Virtual gives you:
- A small group experience where you’ll learn and work together to master new skills
- Live & personal feedback from your facilitator and peers
- Valuable learning opportunities from the questions & challenges of others in the group
- Actionable advice from your facilitator, helping you to implement what you learn in the class back in the real world.
Broken down into six 2-hour sessions – one per week for six weeks – Bud to Boss Virtual is delivered via Zoom and is a live and interactive training opportunity. We specifically limit class size to allow for maximum interaction and learning and record every session, allowing for continued access after the live session date