The title might be presumptuous, and I might be biased, but we believe for many people The Long-Distance Teammate: Stay Engaged and Connected While Working Anywhere may well be the book of the year. And now, it is finally available. Let me tell you why, if you are working remotely, the ideas in this book can change your life.
Here is the big idea of the book: there is a big difference between “working from home” and being an engaged, connected and effective remote teammate. This book will help you see the difference, connect you back to the meaning and purpose of your work, and help you be more effective and connected to those you work with every day. When you make this mental shift, everyone wins – you, your teammates and your organization too.
If you are working remotely (as a teammate or a leader), or working as a contractor or gig worker, this book is for you. Here are just a few of the benefits you will gain from reading the book.
- It provides new models and ways of thinking.
- It helps you see your work in more useful ways.
- It will help you reduce the frustrations that come with working remotely (and avoid those frustrations in the future).
- It will help you have better working relationships.
- It will help you be more productive in this new way of working.
- It will give you techniques and ideas to find better work/life balance as you work remotely.
- It will help you advance your effectiveness now, and your career as well.
- And much more.
It has been described as “fresh”, “engaging”, “highly practical” and “must-read”. And The Financial Times says, “The authors present real-world examples based on a new perspective on what remote work can be, and the book is interactive, with exercises and guidance focused on how to be a remote teammate while working at a distance.”
Beyond the book itself, book owners have access to a variety of online tools and resources to further help apply the ideas and strategies in the book.
Of course, we want you to own your own copy, and purchase copies for everyone you know! And to prove it, when you order your copy now, you will receive additional bonuses. The bonuses available grow as you buy more copies. You can get all the details, and learn how to claim your ordering gifts here.
The book has already been listed by the Financial Times as one of the top books of January – and we believe it can be one of the most important books you read this year.
The sooner you order, the sooner the book will prove to you that I am right.